Greetings from Walpole where it’s been hammering rain for the last hour – hooray! This week I’m helping regionally-based people to plan and promote their community events. Our first workshop at Tambellup was a fab day, but it would have been even better with more people attending. With another two on the way, it was a great opportunity to ‘fire up’ the promotion even further.
So how do we get the attention of our target audience quickly and cost effectively? With video!
So here’s what I did:
- Wrote myself a short script – four to five ‘bullet points’ with key messages
- Set up the lighting in my motel room to get the video as bright as possible (I look dodgey enough as it is..)
- Did a few practice runs
- Used a poster & CLICK! cards as props (to create interest & visual texture)
- Kept it short & sweet (78 seconds) – the data shows that people ‘drop off’ from youtube videos after 2 mins
- Emailed the link to the event hosts to send on to their networks
PS – I’m looking forward to working with some more of WA’s community leaders and innovators at Walpole and Boyup Brook later this week
PPS – I’ll let you know how effective the video was