Want proof of the value of facilitation in your workplace?
Maybe your role is to help groups to reach consensus. Or you may be a team leader wanting a more effectively functioning team.
Using simple facilitation principles and processes will help you every step of the way.
This short video from the Advanced Facilitation Skills program run in Sydney gives you some insights into the value of having some sound facilitation skills in your ‘toolkit.’
My top tips for facilitators:
- Be clear on the purpose of your meeting or workshop – set an objective beforehand
- Identify the outcomes that will be delivered
- Design a simple and easy to understand process
- Maintain a neutral position – if you want to contribute to the discussion, enlist the services of an independent facilitator
- Think of ways to involve all participants to draw on their skills and experience
PS – thanks to the Family Workers Training and Development Program for the use of this video
PPS – their next Advanced Facilitation Skills program is taking place in Sydney on Wednesday 14th August