Being able to get traction on your project or strategic plan can be the fuel that keeps you moving
I’m here with a ‘good’ interrupt, to give you some tools to review progress on any project or strategic plan that you may have been involved in over the last 12 months.
As may you know, I’m a BIG fan of the Solutions Focus approach, which is all about identifying ‘what’s working’ and building upon this.
Here’s how you can apply it..
- At 3.14pm tomorrow grab a tea or coffee, shut the door and spend 90 seconds thinking about one of these projects or strategic plans
- Score progress on the results from this on a scale of 1 (hardly any) to 10 (epic)
- Identify up to 3 things that have helped to get this score (optional extra is to let rip with a gasp of self-satisfaction at this point)
Your next mission is to look at the rating you gave yourself re progress made (on the 1 to 10 scale).
Then identify one action that you can take over the next week to move one step up the scale (e.g. from a 6 to a 7).
(Including a time and date will make this become a reality!)
Remember that continual step-wise action is what will keep you moving!
Watch this short video outlining 5 top tips for gaining traction with your strategic plan or project.
As a spoiler alert, or in case you’re in a hurry, they are:
- Identify higher priority actions
- Develop a realistic schedule
- Look outside (for answers)
- Allocate regular time for implementation
- Celebrate success
There’s huge value of taking time to reflect on your good work and identifying ‘what’s next.’
Having a simple process to follow makes it far easier to achieve success with your project or strategic plan!
If you want some advice, direction or assistance, book a 20 min strategy session (as my way of saying “you rock – BIG time!”)