At last! The moment you’ve been waiting for…with greater theatre than a Black Caviar finish at Royal Ascot…
In a moment you can hear about the results from the Global Facilitation Survey. Here’s a snapshot:
- Responses came primarily from Australia as well as New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Vietnam and Angola
- 26% were ‘newish’ to facilitation, which is a great sign, showing there’s a future for facilitators
- 31% were running their own business, 20% in government agencies and 20% in NGOs or not for profit organisations
People working in facilitation were keen to continue building their skills and to understand what other facilitation professionals were up to.
The biggest challenges for facilitators included:
- Getting groups to deal with difficult issues – thus moving from a blame focus, through dialogue to solutions
- Dealing with changing priorities – having flexibility
- Getting groups and teams to take action – developing accountability and commitment
Thanks to everyone who responded to the survey, I really appreciate your time, effort and insights. Congratulations to Steph Newell, winner of a half day of facilitation feedback and coaching, valued at $1000.00 – we’re both excited about working together and will get started on Thursday!
PS- I’m now working on developing resources to address the issues you’ve raised in the survey
PPS – And there’s some BIG news on facilitation coming YOUR way soon!